Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Respite Care – provide companionship to a patient, offering caregivers a moment of relief
- Vigil – a supportive presence during a patient’s final hours
- Specialty Care – services including haircuts, notary, pet therapy, aromatherapy, and other specialized services. *Appropriate credentials are required.
- Administrative – Clerical assistance in our VNA of Ohio office
- Community Outreach – Represent VNA of Ohio at local health fairs and community events
- Seamstress – sewing hospital gowns
- Attorney – provide legal support
- Bereavement Volunteers – Under the direction of the Bereavement Coordinator, make scheduled phone calls to bereaving families and assist with Memorial Services, Bereavement Groups and other activities.
- Life Story Volunteer – Assist patients with writing their life story, a wonderful gift to share with their family and friends
Additional requirements include:
- Completion of necessary training
- Background check
- TB test (for roles involving patient contact)
- Paperwork and references
- Appropriate certification/licensure for specialty care volunteers
- Email address and internet access
- Attendance at volunteer meetings and education events
Volunteers selflessly give their time and talent to further VNA of Ohio Hospice’s primary goal: enhancing quality of life for our patients and their loved ones by providing support during a challenging time.
VNA of Ohio is especially grateful to those dedicated volunteers who, for nearly 20 years, have donated handcrafted cards to patients and their families. Delicately crafted cards are made with pressed flowers and personalized with a unique design. Cards may be purchased at the Botanical Gardens, Holden Arboretum, Ginko Gallery & Studio Ltd Oberlin and Bay Arts.
We are always thrilled to add new members to our volunteer family. However you choose to help, the outcome is the same — people’s lives will be enriched from your support.
Contact us today at 216-694-6266 and email@example.com to learn more.