When you volunteer with VNA of Ohio Hospice, you make a difference in the lives of our patients and families. Just moments of your time can provide an enormous amount of relief to families in the midst of end-of-life care.
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Respite Care – provide companionship to a patient, offering caregivers a moment of relief
- Vigil – a supportive presence during a patient’s final hours
- Specialty Care – services including haircuts, notary, pet therapy, aromatherapy, and other specialized services. *Appropriate credentials are required.
- Administrative – Clerical assistance in our VNA of Ohio office
- Community Outreach – Represent VNA of Ohio at local health fairs and community events
- Seamstress – sewing hospital gowns
- Attorney – provide legal support
- Bereavement Volunteers – Under the direction of the Bereavement Coordinator, make scheduled phone calls to bereaving families and assist with Memorial Services, Bereavement Groups and other activities.
- Life Story Volunteer – Assist patients with writing their life story, a wonderful gift to share with their family and friends
Additional requirements include:
- Completion of necessary training
- Background check
- TB test (for roles involving patient contact)
- Paperwork and references
- Appropriate certification/licensure for specialty care volunteers
- Email address and internet access
- Attendance at volunteer meetings and education events
Volunteers selflessly give of their time and talent to further VNA of Ohio Hospice’s primary goal – enhancing quality of life for our patients and their loved ones by providing support during a challenging time.
We are always thrilled to add new members to our volunteer family. However you choose to help, the outcome is the same — people's lives will be enriched from your support.
Contact us today at 216-902-7352 or SVolunteers@vnaohio.org to discuss opportunities.