VNA of Ohio TeleHealth uses daily, in-home health monitoring and nursing care to improve the patient's chronic disease management and prevent re-hospitalization. Services improve the patient's knowledge and understanding of their disease process, improving their overall health and independence.
TeleHealth monitoring and follow-up services are offered to current adult patients who are managing health conditions such as:
• Chronic Heart Failure
• Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
• Coronary Artery Disease
• Myocardial Infarction
• Any additional patients that would benefit from services
Telemonitoring offers daily in-home management of a chronic disease through use of a clock radio-sized wireless monitor. The monitor tracks a patient's vital signs and communicates them to a VNA of Ohio nurse. Reports are also sent to the patient's physician for assessment and to maintain a continuum of care.
The in-home monitor prompts the patient to connect to the monitor to record their vital sign information. The monitor transmits the patient's information to a VNA of Ohio nurse in real time, where they can review it and if needed, take immediate action.
The monitor collects important health information from the patient such as:
• Heart rate
• Blood pressure
• Oxygen saturation
• Blood glucose (blood sugar)
TeleHealth services also include:
• Pneumonia follow-up services, monitoring patients diagnosed with pneumonia over a 2-week period. Services include two follow-up phone calls per week and a nursing visit at the end of the 2-week period.
• Care Calls, offered on an as needed basis, are provided to patients throughout their care to offer reminders and follow-up.
VNA of Ohio TeleHealth is no additional charge for current VNA of Ohio patients.
For more information or to schedule services, call us at 1-877-698-6264.