VNA of Ohio TeleHealth uses daily, in-home health monitoring and nursing care to improve the patient's chronic disease management and prevent hospitalization. Services improve the patient's knowledge and understanding of their disease process, improving their overall health and independence.
TeleHealth telemonitoring and follow-up services are offered to current adult patients who are managing health conditions such as:
• Chronic Heart Failure
• Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
• Coronary Artery Disease
• Myocardial Infarction
• Any additional patients that would benefit from services
Telemonitoring offers daily in-home management of a chronic disease through use of a clock radio-sized wireless monitor. The monitor tracks a patient's vital signs and communicates them to a VNA of Ohio nurse. Reports are also sent to the patient's personal physician for assessment and to maintain a continuum of care.
The in-home monitor prompts the patient to connect to the monitor to record their vital sign information. The monitor transmits the patient's information to a VNA of Ohio nurse in real time, where they can review it and if needed, take immediate action.
The monitor collects important health information from the patient such as:
• Heart rate
• Blood pressure
• Oxygen saturation
• Blood glucose (blood sugar)
TeleHealth services also include:
• Pneumonia follow-up services, monitoring patients diagnosed with pneumonia over a 2-week period. Services include two follow-up phone calls per week and a nursing visit at the end of the 2-week period.
• Care Calls, offered on an as needed basis, are provided to patients throughout their care to offer reminders and follow-up.
VNA of Ohio TeleHealth is no additional charge for current VNA of Ohio patients.
For more information or to schedule services, call us at 1-877-698-6264.